pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: what should PDAppearanceCharacteristicsDictionary.setRolloverCaption do?
Date Thu, 25 May 2017 08:20:59 GMT
According to the PDF spec: "(Optional; pushbutton fields only) The
widget annotation’s rollover caption, which shall be displayed when the
user rolls the cursor into its active area without pressing the mouse
button."

The best would be to create such a file with Adobe Acrobat to see if it
works at all.

Tilman

Am 25.05.2017 um 03:45 schrieb Gary Grosso:
> I was expecting PDAppearanceCharacteristicsDictionary.setRolloverCaption(String<eclipse-javadoc:%E2%98%82=Morph2Form/D:%5C/JavaTraining%5C/EclipseNeonWorkspace%5C/CreateSimpleForm%5C/lib%5C/pdfbox-2.0.6.jar%3Corg.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.annotation(PDAppearanceCharacteristicsDictionary.class%E2%98%83PDAppearanceCharacteristicsDictionary~setRolloverCaption~Ljava.lang.String;%E2%98%82java.lang.String>
caption) to display the value of argument caption when the user's mouse rolled over the widget.

> I get the value passed to setNormalCaption() regardless. Is the problem with my expectations,
my usage, or the implementation?

> I'm morphing an existing PDF document, finding locations based on a kludge, since this
is still proof-of-principle, so I only show the one method below. I can write a create-PDF-from-scratch
driver for the method if necessary.

> Thanks,
> Gary
>
>      private static void addButtonAtRect(PDPage page, PDAcroForm acroForm, String text,
PDRectangle rect) {
>          PDPushButton pushButton = new PDPushButton(acroForm);
>
>          // For now, just make sure each partial name is unique.
>          String nameStr = text.replaceAll(" ", "") + "Name" + Integer.toString(nameCnt);
>          nameCnt++;
>          pushButton.setPartialName(nameStr);
>
>          acroForm.getFields().add(pushButton);
>
>          PDAnnotationWidget widget = pushButton.getWidgets().get(0);
>          widget.setRectangle(rect);
>          if (rect.getHeight() < MIN_RECT_HEIGHT) {
>              float diff = MIN_RECT_HEIGHT - rect.getHeight();
>              rect.setLowerLeftY((float) (rect.getLowerLeftY() - diff/2.0));
>              rect.setUpperRightY((float) (rect.getUpperRightY() + diff/2.0));
>          }
>
>          widget.setPage(page);
>
>          String jsString = "app.alert(\"" + text + " Performed.\");";
>
>          //Creating PDActionJavaScript object
>          PDActionJavaScript action = new PDActionJavaScript(jsString);
>          widget.setAction(action);
>
>          acroForm.setNeedAppearances(true);
>
>          PDAppearanceCharacteristicsDictionary fieldAppearance = new PDAppearanceCharacteristicsDictionary(new
COSDictionary());