pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: There was a problem when loading a pdf file to Adobe Acrobat. document(18)
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 21:06:29 GMT
Am 06.04.2017 um 10:51 schrieb karthick g:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your support.  I am running PDFBox 1.8.2.
>
> I parsed the file with FileInputStream object.
>

> *FileInputStream fs;        try {            fs = new
> FileInputStream("/home/karthik/5.56.0/corrupt.pdf");
> PDFParser pdfParser = new PDFParser(fs);            pdfParser.parse();*
>

> Am not getting Unexpected object type exception as you mentioned. I parsed
> in many ways I can not able to produce the exception as you got. It is
> parsing fine for me, that is my problem.
> Please let me know if you need more information

You are using an outdated version. 1.8.2 is from June 2013. Contact the
website where you got that and tell them that we're now at 1.8.13 / 2.0.5.

But the current version 2.0.5 would throw an exception but not up to the
top, i.e. PDFBox would recover. You could only see it in logging.

What you seem to want is a "strict" PDFBox version, i.e. that fails for
everything not really compliant with the PDF specification. For this,
you should fork the project and remove everything that is lenient. This
would require a thorough code review.

Tilman