pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Knight <jeffrey.kni...@gmail.com>
Subject Pdf validation with preflight
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 11:31:40 GMT
pdfbox version: PDFBOX-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
java version: "1.8.0_25".

Should I be worried that a pdf created with
> org.apache.pdfbox.examples.pdmodel.HelloWorld.java

is "not valid" according to preflight?

 > java -jar target/preflight-app-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar test.pdf

Apr 21, 2017 12:29:42 PM
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.FileSystemFontProvider loadDiskCache
WARNING: New fonts found, font cache will be re-built
Apr 21, 2017 12:29:42 PM
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.FileSystemFontProvider <init>
WARNING: Building on-disk font cache, this may take a while
Apr 21, 2017 12:29:43 PM
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.FileSystemFontProvider <init>
WARNING: Finished building on-disk font cache, found 962 fonts
The file test.pdf is not valid, error(s) :
3.1.1 : Invalid Font definition, Helvetica-Bold: some required fields are
missing from the Font dictionary: firstChar, lastChar, widths.
3.1.3 : Invalid Font definition, Helvetica-Bold: FontFile entry is missing
from FontDescriptor
2.4.3 : Invalid Color space, /DeviceGray default for operator "Tj" can't be
used without Color Profile on page 1
7.1 : Error on MetaData, Missing Metadata Key in catalog