pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Evan Williams <evan.willi...@zapprx.com>
Subject Re: Need Help With A Problematic PDF
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 18:00:28 GMT
Hi Tilman,

Unfortunately I am most definitely not the creator of the PDF. I get the
forms from the drug manufacturers and pharmacies that produce them. And,
unfortunately, I am legally constrained for at least some of these forms to
use their exact PDF or an exact perfect recreation of it). The quality of
these forms is extremely variable.

My job is to make the best possible tools to take prescriptions in a
predictable, regular electronic record and use it to fill out these
specific forms, of which I have dozens, trending to hundreds.

That is the 'interesting' aspect of my job.

So unfortunately, improving the PDF by recreating it is not a viable
option. And even if it were, I could have to replicate that an unbounded
number of times for every 'bad' PDF in my library.

I am trying some things and I will tell you what I come up with.

Thank you so much for investing so much time in my problem. I truly
appreciate it.