pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Evan Williams <evan.willi...@zapprx.com>
Subject Need Help With A Problematic PDF
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2017 13:31:30 GMT
I work with forms that come from drug manufacturers and pharmacies. Using
PDFBox (2.0.4), I fill them out and then display them in the browser or fax
them.

This has been working perfectly (thank you PDFBox team!), but I have a
mystery PDF which is causing trouble.

The first sign of trouble is, various PDF renderers in browsers were
displaying fields that had been filled in as blank (intermittently).
Chrome's PDF viewer was one such culprit. Need Appearances was set to true
with this form, so I set it to False and refreshed the appearances, which
may or may not have fixed it (if it doesn't I will do a full flatten on it).

More seriously, the faxing service that we use chokes on this form. They
are unable to render it even if I don't fill it out and send them the
original PDF. They are investigating this on their end, but since this is
the only PDF that has ever had this issue and because of its previous
suspicious behavior, I believe that it might be corrupt in some subtle way
that I don't understand. PDFBox seems to have no trouble working with it,
and it is viewable and printable in Acrobat and in third party viewers. But
I am uncertain.

I would very much appreciate any tips you can give me on examining this PDF
and debugging the issue.

The file is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25802656/Tyvaso-Revised.pdf

The PDFBox community is awesome, and I am very grateful for your time.
Thank you
--
*Evan Williams*
Sr. Software Engineer