pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Peter Murray-Rust <pm...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: What it feels like to be an open-source maintainer
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 18:20:40 GMT
On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de>
wrote:

> What it feels like to be an open-source maintainer
>
> https://nolanlawson.com/2017/03/05/what-it-feels-like-to-be-
> an-open-source-maintainer/

Thanks Tilman for an excellent tip, but much more for the work that you and
others do here. I know what it's like - have been developing Open Source
for 20 years - and the maintenance is a huge effort. (Today I have spent
most of the day revising pom version numbers, triaging issues, obsolete
tests, etc.). I rely 100% on PDFBox and am close to releasing a tools to
extract tables from certain types of documents. (I haven't even got around
to migrating to PDFBox 2 :-). I also hope to release a diagram analyser in
the fairly near future. (Of course help is always welcomed :-)

The commentary on the article is good - it is highly supportive and urges
maintainers not to be overwhelmed by unattended issues. A long list of
issues is a tribute to how valuable the software is.

P.