pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: freetext, drawing, polygon annotation
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 17:25:49 GMT
Am 06.03.2017 um 10:14 schrieb chitgoks:
> i got it to work. my first mistake was that the subtype is Ink not InkList.
>
> it shows the drawing now. however, the issue is that the points are
> scattered and not interconnected. I expected pdfbox to link the points so
> they would be displayed as one continuous drawing.
>
> any idea on what might be lacking? perhaps a COSName?

I can't comment much without looking at your PDF (upload it somewhere).
When I wrote "an array of arrays", I mean this from the PDF specification:

"An array of n arrays, each representing a stroked path. Each array
shall be a series of alternating horizontal and vertical coordinates in
default user space, specifying points along the path. When drawn, the
points shall be connected by straight lines or curves in an
implementation-dependent way."

Maybe you put one coordinate pair in one array, instead of all points of
a line in one array?

"Array of arrays" means that if you have only one path with 8 points,
then you have one array with one element, this element is an array with
16 numbers. To see how an inklist is, open the file from PDFBOX-2583 in
PDFDebugger.

Tilman