pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Need Help With A Problematic PDF
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 17:30:51 GMT
Am 06.03.2017 um 18:09 schrieb Evan Williams:
> Hi Tilman!
>
> So, it develops that the fax service has an upper limit of 4 Mb per
> individual uploaded file. So I will probably try to implement your PDFSplit
> solution (I tried compressing the file but was unable to get it under 4 Mb).
>
> I am concerned about memory and processing time for the PDFSplit but the
> fax service seems unwilling to contemplate fixing this on their end (their
> actual render works fine with the form, it is just their API layer that
> imposes the limit).

Thanks for the news.... I had another look at your PDF. It is not very
efficient... for example, the same colorspace is used several times; the
same font (but different subsets) is in each page. Instead of only one
entry for each font. The company logos are not in an XObject form, so
they are repeated for each page. If you're the creator of the file,
maybe you can do something there...

Tilman