pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Vassallo, Fabio" <Fabio.Vassa...@wuerth-phoenix.com>
Subject Embedded vs. non-embedded fonts
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 14:16:43 GMT
Good afternoon.

I'm currently using PDFBox to build documents for the company I'm working for, and I need
to print strings with generic character, also non in the WinAnsiEncoding range (e.g. "ł").

And I shouldn't embed fonts in the PDF documents.

If I use the internal PDFBox fonts (e.g. PDType1Font.HELVETICA) apparently no fonts are than
embedded in the document.
So I assume that the document, when displayed, refers to Fonts present in the PC (Arial?);
nevertheless PDPageContentStream.showText() throws an IllegalArgumentException for such "special"
characters.

Is there any way or workaround to generate a file with no embedded files and with "special"
characters?

If not, will it be possible in one of the next PDFBox releases?

Thank you very much in advance,
Fabio Vassallo

Fabio Vassallo
Product Development (CIS)