pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Setting Page Layout to Default in PDFBox 2.0
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 20:48:38 GMT
Am 06.03.2017 um 20:21 schrieb Gilad Denneboom:
> It was this:
> doc.getDocumentCatalog().setPageLayout("Default");

There is no such layout. It is kindof a bug that 1.8 allowed you to pass
an invalid value. Valid values:

SinglePageDisplay one page at a time
OneColumnDisplay the pages in one column
TwoColumnLeftDisplay the pages in two columns, with odd-numbered pages
on the left
TwoColumnRightDisplay the pages in two columns, with odd-numbered pages
on the right
TwoPageLeft(PDF 1.5) Display the pages two at a time, with odd-numbered
pages on the left
TwoPageRight(PDF 1.5) Display the pages two at a time, with odd-numbered
pages on the right
Default value: SinglePage.

So this works:

public class SetLayout
{
     public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException
     {
         try (PDDocument doc = new PDDocument())
         {
             PDPage page = new PDPage();
             doc.addPage(page);
             page = new PDPage();
             doc.addPage(page);
doc.getDocumentCatalog().setPageLayout(PageLayout.TWO_PAGE_LEFT);
             doc.save(new File("layout.pdf"));
         }
     }
}