pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Fwd: Trouble reading IEEE pdf
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 16:03:07 GMT
Am 02.02.2017 um 16:10 schrieb Pulkit Kapur:
> Hi
>
> I have uploaded the pdf here:
> https://www.scribd.com/document/338221804/0024-iros-2016

Hello Pulkit,

This site requires registration. This is a "don't" from the list:
https://pdfbox.apache.org/support.html

I don't want to register.

Please find a sharehoster that doesn't require registration to download.

If the XObject that Karl Heinz Kremer mentioned is a form then text
extraction should work, especially if it was possible to extract with
Adobe Reader. If it is an image then it won't. Apache Tika might help.

Please mention what you did to get the text with PDFBox, and what
version you were using.

You wrote "using readText function from the pdfbox library". There is no
"readText" method in PDFBox. Could it be that you used a different product?

Tilman