pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Harry Yoon <harryp...@outlook.com>
Subject "Porting" iText to PDFBox
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2017 17:59:26 GMT
Hi,

We are thinking about converting an old codebase based on itext to use pdfbox (mainly for
license reasons). The code is for generating pdf files (essentially based on SVG-like directives),
and it uses iText 5. is this possible? is there anything we'll need to consider before making
the decision? Has anybody done this or something similar? If so, can you please share the
experience? (Like anything particular to watch out for, etc.)

The current code was written by somebody else. (I personally have little experience with itext/pdfbox
APIs.) But, it's relatively small (it uses ~30 itext classes and ~100 methods), and I am hoping
this will be a straightforward task.

I know it's pretty broad question, but any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

~Harry