pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: New Member - And a question..
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 17:12:47 GMT
Am 01.02.2017 um 18:05 schrieb Kevin Rauer:
> First off I would like to sat THANK to all those whom support this group.. I have spent
the last few days going through all the threads, playing with the solutions and I am very
happy I was almost able to solve my problem properly..

> I have just started to upgrade my code written using the old Adobe Acrobat.jar due to
version support issues, and ran into the time old HEADER / FOOTER issues that have been seen
here before..  I have working code that will work as I need manually getting the text body,
headers and footers based off of passed in page offsets as regions..

> But what I have not been able to figure out is how to Search for an element/object and
based on it's X and Y coordinated, dynamically get the other text areas I need..

> My Header is ALWAYS on my PDF, My Footer may or may not be there, and the body is between
these two.

> My only saving grace is that between the Header and the Body and the Body and the Footer
is a Graphic Line.. So my question is does anyone have a working 2.0.3 stream example of searching
for that Element(s) and getting its page co-ordinates to be able to dynamically get the other
Texts??

No out of the box code... you'd need to make your own, i.e. collect line
drawing and make your decision from there.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38931422/pdfbox-2-0-2-calling-of-pagedrawer-processpage-method-caught-exceptions

Btw something that looks like a "line" could as well be a small
rectangle or an image.

An alternative would be to render the page and then analyse the pixels.

Tilman