pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Max Rietmeijer | Add to Favorites <mrietmei...@addtofavorites.nl>
Subject Re: CMYK images
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 09:28:21 GMT
Hi Tilman,

Thanx for the reaction. Our printing company depends in CMYK colors to make offset prints.
We create letters for clients who (of course) are very keen on company (logo) colors printed
in the right tones. These are always delivered to us in InDesign/Illustrator/... using CMYK
colors.

Converting images to a specific format is no problem for us, but we need a way of preserving
CMYK colour information in the PDF. When exporting PDF's using InDesign this information is
preserved. How would we go about using PDFBox?

We tried twelvemonkeys, but their JPG codec either converts CMYK to RGB or creates an unusable
image format.

The attached image is a CMYK color based JPEG we should be able to include as is.

How would we go about?

[cid:760E212D-C247-4F34-8935-3EA3A1390030@dynamic.ziggo.nl]

Thanx,

Max