pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: What causes "Building on-disk font cache"
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 16:54:37 GMT
Am 18.01.2017 um 17:16 schrieb Clark, Raymond C:
> Thank you.  What I don't understand is this:
>
> I have the 1 PDF format.  I repeatedly write it out with different sets of data.  It
was working fine, then I got this exception and from then on it failed to create the PDFs.
 Why was it able to create PDFs for a while and then decided it needed to write the cache
to disk?

> I'm wondering if I'm not closing something or cleaning something up that is causing this.
 As I said, it worked fine for the first hundred or so and then started failing.

Can you reproduce the effect without using Tomcat? And post that code
here? The "Building on-disk font cache, this may take a while" message
should come only once, when PDFBox needs to search what fonts are
available on the system. Here it does this when creating the ZAPF
Dingbats type 1 font. (If the number is correct)

What happens at

PDFGenerator.java:920 ?

About your stack trace:

PDType1Font.java:76 - that is the initialization of PDType1Font.ZAPF_DINGBATS

PDType1Font.java:115 - can't find. Did you mention what version you're using?

"Finished building on-disk font cache, found 0 fonts" - do you have 0
fonts on your system?

Tilman

> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you,
> Ray

for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may contain confidential
and privileged information protected by law. If you received this e-mail in error, any review,
use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system.