pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDF/X-1a?
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2017 07:06:19 GMT
Am 21.01.2017 um 07:38 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> Am 21.01.2017 um 00:11 schrieb Harry Yoon:
>> Hi,
>>

>> I'm new to PDFBox. I'm currently trying to figure out how to generate
>> PDF/X-1a conformant PDF using PDFBox. I found some references related
>> to PDF/A validation using PDFBox, but none pertinent to PDF/X.
>>

>> Is it possible to use PDFBox to generate PDF/X-1a compliant PDF docs?
>> Or, at least to validate PDF files against PDF/X-1a standards?
>
> Yes it is possible to use PDFBox to generate PDF/A-1a compliant docs.
> Just read the standard ( this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF/X
> gives a preview) and respect the requirements. No, PDFBox doesn't have
> a validator for that.

To clarify this -
PDFBox is rather low level, i.e. you have to know a bit about PDF
itself. There isn't switch in PDFBox that sets PDF/A-1a compatibility.
To see what I mean, have a look at the CreatePDFA.java example. This
isn't what you need, but it shows what extra work is to be done for that
standard, e.g. output intents and XMP.

More on PDF/A here
https://www.pdfa.org/pdfa-faq/

Tilman