pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Shivangi Singal <shivangi.sin...@microlistics.com.au>
Subject RE: Regarding Barcode Font
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 07:02:07 GMT
Thank you Tilman for the options.

Where I can find more info about implementing barcode as vector graphics .. any documentation
supporting that ?

Thanks,
Shivangi

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Monday, 9 January 2017 5:32 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Regarding Barcode Font

Am 09.01.2017 um 03:18 schrieb Shivangi Singal:
> Hello ,
>
> We have a project requirement where we need to display a label which consists of some
text and a barcode . We don't want to display barcode as an buffered image but generate barcode
may be using barcode font . I am not able to find any references in the examples as to if
PDFBox has any way to add barcodes in pdf without being a image . I would really appreciate
your help in the same .

Then get a barcode font. You can draw that one like any text. Usually this is done like this:
 *12345*  , the "*" is for the beginning and end. Be careful to leave enough space before
and after the barcode.

Don't forget to embed the font. (See the embeddedfonts.java example)

A completely different alternative would be to draw the barcode as vector graphics. There's
no example for this yet AFAIK.

Tilman