pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Appearance for PDListBox
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 07:20:15 GMT
Hi,

> Am 12.01.2017 um 08:10 schrieb Bharat Bhatt <bharatbhatt@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I want to change the appearance of drop down list (PDListBox). How to use
> different font, font size and color of text?
> I tried using following code
>            String defaultAppearanceString = "/Helv 12 Tf 0 0 0 rg";
>           PDListBox.setDefaultAppearance(defaultAppearanceString);

that's the correct way of doing it. In addition if you'd like to style border, background
color etc. you can set the PDAppearanceCharacteristicsDictionary http://pdfbox.apache.org/docs/2.0.3/javadocs/org/apache/pdfbox/pdmodel/interactive/annotation/PDAppearanceCharacteristicsDictionary.html.
Please note that this setting applies to the PDAnnotationWidget.

If you load a font and set the resource with that font using PDResources.add(PDFont font)
it will return the COSName for that resource which you can use for your defaultAppearanceString.
http://pdfbox.apache.org/docs/2.0.3/javadocs/org/apache/pdfbox/pdmodel/PDResources.html#add(org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont)

You could also use PDResources.put and choose a name yourself. http://pdfbox.apache.org/docs/2.0.3/javadocs/org/apache/pdfbox/pdmodel/PDResources.html#put(org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSName,%20org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont)

BR
Maruan