pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Date component in PDF
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 09:28:51 GMT
Hi,
> Am 17.01.2017 um 10:16 schrieb Bharat Bhatt <bharatbhatt@gmail.com>:
>
> I am using PDFBOX api to create the PDF document. I have to show DatePicker
> in PDF with same feature as in any form.

there is no such thing like a DatePicker in PDF as well as there is no date field type. You
can add JavaScript to a field to ensure that only valid dates can be entered but this will
be regular text input.

You might have seen a DatePicker in a PDF but thats very likely an XFA form done using Adobe
LiveCycle Designer. In this case PDF is only a shell with an embedded XML Form Object in it
(XFA). XFA does provide a date field and Adobe Reader/Acrobat will show a date picker component
for that. But this would mean that you have to create an XFA Form whch is something totally
different to a PDF form.

BR
Maruan