pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Joel Hirsh <joelehi...@gmail.com>
Subject Fix for (PDFBOX-3447) is causing file that worked previously to now fail
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2017 02:56:46 GMT
I have files from two different sources that used to work fine on 2.0.2 (or
at least they appear to work fine) and all the text could be extracted.

I just started testing with 2.0.4 and am getting an Exception from
 at org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.COSParser.parseXref(COSParser.java:320)
     org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser.initialParse(PDFParser.java:194)

Tracing it down, it appears to be fix for Issue 3447, and the comment says
it needs a better idea.  Since it is causing regression, and there is no
way for my code to get around this, can there be a better solution, that
maintains the capability from 2.0.2?