pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: What causes "Using fallback font LiberationSans for Helvetica"?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 08:34:59 GMT
Am 18.01.2017 um 03:50 schrieb Clark, Raymond C:
> I thought Helvetica was a standard font supported by PDFBox, yet, when I use my code
to build PDFs it builds fine but I get this message many times in my log file.

> [log4j][ServiceQueueSyncProcessThread: '0' for queue ProductsStmtService][2017-01-17
10:14:01,145] org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font WARN  Using fallback font LiberationSans
for Helvetica

> What would be causing this and what do I need to change so that it doesn't come out?
 Am I possibly doing something wrong?

Do you have an Helvetica like font installed on your OS, e.g. Arial? If
not, then this will happen.

Tilman