pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDVisibleSignDesigner with MemoryUsageSetting and page rotation
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 16:07:30 GMT
Am 27.01.2017 um 12:13 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
> Hi,
> we are currently evaluating PDF Box for signing documents. PDFBox works
> great but there are two little issues/questions:
>
> 1. is there a possibility to limit the memory usage when using
> PDVisibleSignDesigner. Currently it seems to
> call PDDocument.load(documentStream) without a chance to supply
> MemoryUsageSetting.

There is another PDVisibleSignDesigner constructor that takes a
PDDocument, please try that one. Sadly you'd have to modify the
structure of the example.

> 2. We have a problem, when the signature is drawn on a page that is
> actually rotated. This rotation is not applied to the signature image
> and therefore in resulting pdf it looks just as if the signature image
> was rotated.
> Is there a simple way to cope with this situation (without analyzing
> the signature page and add rotate the signature image itself)

No, there is no out of the box solution.

Please have a look here
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34012293/pdfbox-sign-landscape-file-error

All answers by mkl are high quality.

Tilman