pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Clark, Raymond C" <Raymond.C.Cl...@ehi.com>
Subject RE: What causes "Building on-disk font cache"
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 19:22:11 GMT
With the help of Tilman I was able to figure out my problem.

I was actually having 2 problems.

Problem 1:
I was using Helvetica which wasn't installed on my server and I believe that is what caused
PDFBox to start throwing exceptions with every PDF that I tried to produce.  Once I switched
to Arial (which I found out that I should have been using), added the following lines of code
and recycled Tomcat, production of PDFs worked perfectly.

                        fontFile = new File(getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("Fonts/arial.ttf").toURI());
                        font = PDType0Font.load(document, fontFile);

Problem 2:
To produce post script files I would use PDFBox to produce a PDF, then use PDFBox to read
it back in and use that information to write the post script commands to a file.  After the
above I was still getting a warning message while generating my post script files.  I believe
that was during the step to read the PDF back in.  I got the Arial font deployed to the server
and Tomcat recycled.  Since then I have had no problems with reading or writing PDF files
with PDFBox.

Many thanks to Tilman for his help and patience with me while I worked through this issue.

Thank you,
Ray