pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Clark, Raymond C" <Raymond.C.Cl...@ehi.com>
Subject RE: What causes "Building on-disk font cache"
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 16:16:35 GMT
Thank you.  What I don't understand is this:

I have the 1 PDF format.  I repeatedly write it out with different sets of data.  It was working
fine, then I got this exception and from then on it failed to create the PDFs.  Why was it
able to create PDFs for a while and then decided it needed to write the cache to disk?

I'm wondering if I'm not closing something or cleaning something up that is causing this.
 As I said, it worked fine for the first hundred or so and then started failing.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:10 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: What causes "Building on-disk font cache"

Am 18.01.2017 um 03:47 schrieb Clark, Raymond C:
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:/opt/tomcat/.pdfbox.cache (Permission denied)

Normally this should be written in the user directory... you can set
this by setting the property   pdfbox.fontcache

Here's a code excerpt:

     private File getDiskCacheFile()
     {
         String path = System.getProperty("pdfbox.fontcache");
         if (path == null)
         {
             path = System.getProperty("user.home");
             if (path == null)
             {
                 path = System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir");
             }
         }
         return new File(path, ".pdfbox.cache");
     }

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may contain confidential
and privileged information protected by law. If you received this e-mail in error, any review,
use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system.