pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: What causes "Building on-disk font cache"
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 20:05:29 GMT
Am 30.01.2017 um 20:22 schrieb Clark, Raymond C:
> With the help of Tilman I was able to figure out my problem.
>
> I was actually having 2 problems.
>
> Problem 1:
> I was using Helvetica which wasn't installed on my server and I believe that is what
caused PDFBox to start throwing exceptions with every PDF that I tried to produce.  Once I
switched to Arial (which I found out that I should have been using), added the following lines
of code and recycled Tomcat, production of PDFs worked perfectly.

>                          fontFile = new File(getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("Fonts/arial.ttf").toURI());
>                          font = PDType0Font.load(document, fontFile);
>
> Problem 2:
> To produce post script files I would use PDFBox to produce a PDF, then use PDFBox to
read it back in and use that information to write the post script commands to a file.  After
the above I was still getting a warning message while generating my post script files.  I
believe that was during the step to read the PDF back in.  I got the Arial font deployed to
the server and Tomcat recycled.  Since then I have had no problems with reading or writing
PDF files with PDFBox.

> Many thanks to Tilman for his help and patience with me while I worked through this issue.

Glad to hear it works now!

Tilman

> Thank you,
> Ray

for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may contain confidential
and privileged information protected by law. If you received this e-mail in error, any review,
use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system.