pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Extracting/rendering jp2?
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 05:32:37 GMT
Am 10.11.2016 um 04:29 schrieb Allison, Timothy B.:
>>>      private static final List<String> JP2 = Arrays.asList(COSName.JPX_DECODE);
> Apologies for the ignorance of how inline images are stored, but is there an equivalent
for png or tiff?  Or, do we have to decode and re-encode those?

There is no equivalent for png. Classic flate encoded images must be
decoded and then saved as png if you need them as image files.

Re tiff - there is a very similar, but not identical compression on PDF,
so these too must be decoded and reencoded (preferably as G4 compressed
tiffs because these are very small)

Tilman