pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Zeiske, Erik (DualStudy)" <erik.zei...@hpe.com>
Subject Issues with MRC Compressed using JBIG2-immage
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 08:58:41 GMT
Hello everybody,

I have an issue with PDFBox and the handling of a MRC Compressed PDF.
The issue is related to the JBIG2 Compression used in the PDF. If I try to extract the different
Images used in the PDF attached, the library throws an NullPointerException cause the Bits
are not defined in the JBIG2-Filter. I think this is because in the PDF there is no "Bits
per Component" defined in the JBIG2-Immage. If I try to define the Bits in the JAVA-Code the
program runs without an error, but it doesn't apply the JBIG2 mask properly to the foreground-colour-image
of the PDF. To fix this issue I tried to extract the mask into a file, but it seems like the
mask-image is the same as the foreground-image. I couldn't find the reason for this and I
don't think it is related to the PDF itself.
The PDF I was using with is in the attached to this e-mail.

Best regards
Erik Zeiske.