pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Keith R Wood <woo...@ugcorp.com>
Subject RE: Using the .net version of PDFBox
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 21:35:39 GMT
I added these two lines to my code where you said, and everything seems to be working for me
now.

StandardDecryptionMaterial dm = new StandardDecryptionMaterial("");
doc.openProtection(dm);

Thank you so much for the help!

Thank you
Keith Wood | Applications Program Lead | United Guaranty Corporation
300 N. Greene St. | Greensboro, NC 27401

Phone: 336.334.8547
woodkr@ugcorp.com
www.ugcorp.com
____________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 3:56 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using the .net version of PDFBox

Am 28.10.2016 um 17:55 schrieb Keith R Wood:
> I have gotten the .net port of PDFBox from here
> http://www.squarepdf.net/pdfbox-net-1-8-7
>
> I'm not sure if it is proper to ask for support through this forum or not, but I thought
I would ask in case someone has experience with this.

> I am attempting to remove the security from a PDF. Once I am through with the process
I still have a valid PDF file, and the security is removed as expected. However, all thirty-six
pages of the file are completely blank. I can do the same process with the same pdf using
Java, and everything is okay with the file afterward (security removed and data present).

> I am using Miscrosoft Visual Studio 2013 .NET Framework 4.5.2
>
> Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated. Here is the relevant code:
>
>              //Now lets create the objects that will do the magic
>              PDDocument doc = PDDocument.load(fileNameTemp);

You should call openProtection() here.

I'm surprised that this works in java, although I didn't test it.

Could you upload the original, the result good and bad files?

We don't do support for the .net versions (yours is an old one anyway), but maybe the PDFs
will give some clue.

Tilman

>              AccessPermission ap = new AccessPermission();
>
>              //Lets set the permission to what we want
>              ap.setCanExtractContent(true);
>              ap.setCanExtractForAccessibility(true);
>
>              //Lets set the protection and apply it to our PDF
>              StandardProtectionPolicy spp = new StandardProtectionPolicy("secretpassword",
"", ap);
>              doc.protect(spp);
>              doc.save(fileNameTemp);
>              doc.close();

> Thank you
> Keith Wood | Applications Program Lead | United Guaranty Corporation
> 300 N. Greene St. | Greensboro, NC 27401
>
> Phone: 336.334.8547
> woodkr@ugcorp.com<mailto:pamela.davidson@ugcorp.com>
> www.ugcorp.com<http://www.ugcorp.com/>

> ---- United Guaranty is a marketing term for United Guaranty
> Corporation and its subsidiaries. This communication from United Guaranty Corporation
or its subsidiary is directed to and is for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. It may contain information that is confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution,
dissemination, or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately, and then delete or destroy
the material in its entirety. United Guaranty Corporation and its subsidiaries