pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Albert, Felix" <Felix.Alb...@EXXETA.com>
Subject Possibility of data loss using the PDFMergerUtility
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 12:21:09 GMT
Hello,

first thank you very much for your awesome library. I want to use it to merge several PDF
files into a single one.
The files only consist of scanned documents - yet these partly have a lot of details and huge
sizes (up to 200mb).

So my question is, is there any possibility that during the merge-process data might be lost?
To my understanding the content of the pdf file is just being transferred from one pdf container
into another during the merging, so my assumption is that during a successful merge no image
data can get lost, but I would be very happy about a confirmation or a denial from your side.

Thank you very much in advance. The usage of PDFBox is really extremely convenient!

Best regards
Felix Albert