pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Extracting/rendering jp2?
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 19:01:20 GMT
Am 09.11.2016 um 15:31 schrieb Allison, Timothy B.:
> Thanks to Tilman for pointing me to PDFBOX-3246, I now have 2 pdfs with embedded jp2
to work with!

> How can I extract those?  I've effectively copied/pasted PDFBox's ExtractImages into
Tika, and I'm using ImageIOUtil.writeImage(image, suffix, out) to write non-jpeg images.

> When I run this against the file on PDFBOX-3246 and my other jp2 file[1], writeImage
returns false and my outputstream has 0 bytes written to it.

what do you need? The image in any format (e.g. png), or the image in
the original JP2 compression?

And if you're using ImageIOUtil.writeImage(), what is the parameter in
suffix? If it is JP2, then you'd need to have some plugin for it. So it
may be better to get the raw file, see in ExtractImages how we do it for
DCTFilter.

Tilman