pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Pdf/A signed twice is falsely processed as invalid
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 19:38:59 GMT
Am 21.10.2016 um 15:24 schrieb Angelova, Maya (KV-Telematik):
> Dear Maruan,
>
> Here you can download the pdf:
> https://repository.kv-telematik.de/service/local/repositories/resources/content/de/kvtelematik/resources/1.0.0/resources-1.0.0.pdf

Hello Maya,

Thanks for the file. However according to ISO 19005-1:2005/Cor.2:2011:
In a linearized PDF, if the ID keyword is present in both the first page
trailer dictionary and the last trailer dictionary, the value to both
instances of the ID keyword shall be identical.
https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-corpus/wiki/PDFA-1b-test-corpus
also mentioned in the discussion at

In your file, the ID is different. (have a look with NOTEPAD++)

So normally I'd say your file is not PDF/A-1b. The only thing that makes
me insecure, is that the PDF Tools folks are usually right....

Tilman

> Best regards,
>
> Maya

file, which is being signed twice:
>> 1. The online validator confirms that the file is valid (https://www.pdf-tools.com/pdf/validate-pdfa-online.aspx)
>> 2. But when I validate it using the following code:
>> <code>
>> PreflightParser parser = new PreflightParser(byteDatasource);
>> parser.parse();
>> PreflightDocument document = parser.getPreflightDocument();
>> document.validate();
>> result = document.getResult();
>> </code>
>> 3. The file is linearized
>> 4. I get that the file is invalid and the error description reads:
>> <i>Trailer Syntax error, ID is different in the first and the last trailer</i>
>>
>> According to issues PDFBOX-3256 and PDFBOX-2502 this should be fixed?
>> Could anyone give me a tip how to go around this problem or would that be a bug?
>> The pdf file is attached.
> the attachement didn't make it onto the list as attachments are not allowed. Could you
upload it to a public location?