pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From js...@gmx.net
Subject Re: Getting Started with PdfBox
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2016 00:05:13 GMT
Hi Tilman,

thank you for your quick reply. I just can't follow at all???

As an example I would like to start with the example "HelloWorld.java",
which should give me the pdf-File "HelloWorld.pdf".
To make it easy I start with the commandline-tools.
The only one that is creating a pdf is "PrintPDF".

When I use it as:
|java -jar pdfbox-app-2.0.2.jar ||TextToPDF [||] HelloWorld.pdf
HelloWorld.java

|I get the the printed java listing as a pdf.
But what should I use as |[OPTIONS]|? The compiled HelloWorld.class...
My tests with |PrintPDF| where also frustrating...
I am really just lost.

Thank you

On 2016-10-10 19:35 (+0200), Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
 > Am 10.10.2016 um 12:05 schrieb jsail@gmx.net:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > the 'Getting Started' on
http://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/getting-started.html is still 'under
construction'. I hope you could get me a possibility to start.

 > > I would like to Create a PDF from scratch, with embedded text and
table (spreadsheet) mostly in landscape format. How would you suggest me
to start.