pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: SV: PDFMerger Wingdings
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2016 09:23:59 GMT
Am 30.09.2016 um 09:11 schrieb Jörgen Johansson:

> The scenario you describe is correct and it was possible to open the
> file. The reason i found it was that i use the
> org.apache.pdfbox.multipdf.PDFMergerUtility in my application. Is it
> possible to configure merger to output a pdf without pdf/a compliance?

No, but you could alter the XMP meta data after being done. See the
PDFMergerExample.java example on how to set metadata in merging. This
needs to be altered so that the PDF/A part is removed in the XMP.

See the ExtractMetadata.java example on how to access metadata... this
should work, but I didn't try it myself:

DublinCoreSchema dc = metadata.createAndAddDublinCoreSchema();
metadata.removeSchema(new PDFAIdentificationSchema(metadata));

Tilman