pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: cosDocument.getXrefTable() returns negative offsets
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2016 12:36:12 GMT
Hi,

Am 28.10.2016 um 20:12 schrieb Christopher Begley:
> When I retrieve the xreftable from a pdf with cross-reference-streams (as opposed to
a cross reference table) some of the objects in the returned table map have a negative offset.
 I've looked in the documentation (both pdf reference & pdfbox docs) and haven't found
anything referring to this.

> For example:
>
> OBJ_NUMBER , OFFSET
> 49,12769
> 50,25217
> 51,25502
> 52,26034
> 53,116
> 54,-36
> 55,-36
> 56,-36
>
> When looking at the PDF in a hex editor, the objects and their offsets are correct when
they are positive. But, what do I need to do to resolve object 54? How can I retrieve the
byte offset?
A negative offset indicates that the given object is part of a compressed object
stream. In your case that stream is object 36 0.

> Thanks in advance for your time.

BR
Andreas