pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Angelova, Maya (KV-Telematik)" <maya.angel...@kv-telematik.de>
Subject AW: Pdf/A signed twice is falsely processed as invalid
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2016 15:39:55 GMT
Hello dear all,

thank you very much for your input! I will assign to watch the created issue

What did I do to create the file:
I grabbed the original test PDF/A File. Signed it once and saved it (actually it is automatically
saved as a new file
with Acrobat Reader DC that I use). Afterwards I grabbed the second file and signed it again
and saved it again as a separate file.
I attached all these files to the issue.

Best regards,

Maya
Von: Tilman Hausherr [THausherr@t-online.de]
Gesendet: Samstag, 22. Oktober 2016 13:14
An: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Pdf/A signed twice is falsely processed as invalid

Am 21.10.2016 um 22:24 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
>>> ello Maya,

In a linearized PDF, if the ID keyword is present in both the first page trailer dictionary
and the last trailer dictionary, the value to both instances of the ID keyword shall be identical.

me insecure, is that the PDF Tools folks are usually right….

>> >Acrobat also treats it as valid
> as there was an incremental update to the file it's no longer treated as linearized and
as such the provision doesn't apply. @Tilman WDYT?

Yeah that makes sense.

Tilman