pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Keith R Wood <woo...@ugcorp.com>
Subject Using the .net version of PDFBox
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 15:55:00 GMT
I have gotten the .net port of PDFBox from here
http://www.squarepdf.net/pdfbox-net-1-8-7

I'm not sure if it is proper to ask for support through this forum or not, but I thought I
would ask in case someone has experience with this.

I am attempting to remove the security from a PDF. Once I am through with the process I still
have a valid PDF file, and the security is removed as expected. However, all thirty-six pages
of the file are completely blank. I can do the same process with the same pdf using Java,
and everything is okay with the file afterward (security removed and data present).

I am using Miscrosoft Visual Studio 2013
.NET Framework 4.5.2

Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated. Here is the relevant code:

            //Now lets create the objects that will do the magic
            PDDocument doc = PDDocument.load(fileNameTemp);
            AccessPermission ap = new AccessPermission();

            //Lets set the permission to what we want
            ap.setCanExtractContent(true);
            ap.setCanExtractForAccessibility(true);

            //Lets set the protection and apply it to our PDF
            StandardProtectionPolicy spp = new StandardProtectionPolicy("secretpassword",
"", ap);
            doc.protect(spp);
            doc.save(fileNameTemp);
            doc.close();

Thank you
Keith Wood | Applications Program Lead | United Guaranty Corporation
300 N. Greene St. | Greensboro, NC 27401

Phone: 336.334.8547
woodkr@ugcorp.com<mailto:pamela.davidson@ugcorp.com>
www.ugcorp.com<http://www.ugcorp.com/>
____________________________

United Guaranty is a marketing term for United Guaranty Corporation and its subsidiaries.
This communication from United Guaranty Corporation or its subsidiary is directed to and is
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain information
that is confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution, dissemination, or copy of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender immediately, and then delete or destroy the material in its entirety. United Guaranty
Corporation and its subsidiaries
 230 North Elm Street
 Greensboro, NC 27401