pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDFMerger Wingdings
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 19:14:44 GMT
Am 29.09.2016 um 15:38 schrieb J├Ârgen Johansson:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to merge two pdfs with the pdfbox-app . plain_pdf.pdf
> contains a wingdings font and the pdf_a.pdf is in PDF/A.
>
> Tried the 2.0.3 version first
>
> java -jar pdfbox-app-2.0.3.jar PDFMerger plain_pdf.pdf pdf_a.pdf out.pdf
>

> The out.pdf is corrupt. Acrobat Reader cant find the Wingdings-Regular
> font.
>

> I tried the latest build but same result there.
>
> java -jar pdfbox-app-2.1.0-20160922.180913-349.jar
> PDFMerger plain_pdf.pdf pdf_a.pdf out.pdf
>
> Shouldnt it be possible to merge a non PDF/A with a PDF/A ?

Seems that what you really want to know, is whether the defect PDF
becomes good by merging with the good one. In the good file, the font is
an embedded subset, which is a font by itself. In the bad file, the font
is not embedded at all.

In your example, the codes for the envelope symbol are not the same in
both files, so it would be tricky, i.e. we can't just modify the reference.

Tilman