pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Jörgen Johansson <dog...@hotmail.com>
Subject SV: PDFMerger Wingdings
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 07:11:35 GMT
The scenario you describe is correct and it was possible to open the file. The reason i found
it was that i use the org.apache.pdfbox.multipdf.PDFMergerUtility in my application. Is it
possible to configure merger to output a pdf without pdf/a compliance?

Thanks for a great piece of software.

BR

//Jörgen

________________________________
Från: Diego Azevedo <dazevedo@esec.com.br>
Skickat: den 29 september 2016 16:43
Till: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Ämne: Re: PDFMerger Wingdings

I'm no expert. but I think you have this case:

- plain_pdf uses wingdings font (not embed)

- pdf_a does not use wingdings font and claims that is a pdf/a

- merged pdf claims it is a pdf/a but does not include wingdings font.

I think  it is possible to merge a PDF with a PDF/A, but there is no guarantees it will be
a PDF/A, so it shouldn't claim it is. Maybe if you remove the "<pdfaid:conformance>A</pdfaid:conformance>"
it will open?

Diego Azevedo