pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Barry Neu <barry....@gmail.com>
Subject PDAcroForm.getFieldIterator() Question
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 22:15:38 GMT
Hello.

The API docs for this method state an iterator is returned which "walks all fields in the
field tree, in order”.
Is the order left to right, top to bottom on the form .. I was hoping?
I was hoping it was but ehe following code seems to prove otherwise.

PDDocument pdDoc = getTemplate("http://localhost:8000/template/Template_MA_ABJ4580MAG5_EF_L70SS_v5.pdf
<http://localhost:8000/template/Template_MA_ABJ4580MAG5_EF_L70SS_v5.pdf>");
PDAcroForm pdAcroForm = pdDoc.getDocumentCatalog().getAcroForm();
Iterator<PDField> iter = pdAcroForm.getFieldIterator();
while (iter.hasNext()) {
       PDField field = iter.next();
       String fieldName = field.getPartialName();
       System.out.println("field partial name: " + fieldName );
}

PDF in question is here: 	 https://github.com/BarryNeu/shared <https://github.com/BarryNeu/shared>

Thanks in advance.
Barry