pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Barry Neu <barry....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PDAcroForm.getFieldIterator() Question
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 17:17:39 GMT
I’m trying to achieve the following.
Client has forms approved by U.S. states where font must be Helvetica 9pt.
Some content to be populated on the forms does not fit in the field. In this case there is
a “footnote” such as "Addendum 1" populated in the field, and the actual content for the
field is populated on an addendum page merged as a separate page to the base form. The addendum
page references the numbered addendum(s) populated in the base form’s fields.
Ideally, Addendum 1, Addendum 2, and so on would be numbered left to right, top to bottom
in the fields of the form.
Sounds like that is not possible without setting up some type of external ordering of the
fields on the form.

> On Sep 12, 2016, at 9:47 AM, Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Barry,
>

>> Am 12.09.2016 um 17:16 schrieb Barry Neu <barry.neu@gmail.com <mailto:barry.neu@gmail.com>>:
>>
>> Is there any way to influence the order the fields occur in the field tree when creating
fillable forms or otherwise?

> is there a specific order you are looking for? What are you trying to achieve? The order
of the fields in the AcroForms fields array and the order how they are tabbed on screen when
a user filled the form are not related!

> BR
> Maruan

fields in the field tree, in order”.

>>> It's not a visual order. It's simply the order in which the fields occur in the
field tree. This has no relation to where fields appear on the page.