pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Evan Williams <evan.willi...@zapprx.com>
Subject Re: PDAcroForm.getFieldIterator() Question
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 17:40:06 GMT
I faced exactly the same issue and made a similar addendum page. I put some
time and effort into getting the field appearances using this (probably
crappy) code

*        COSDictionary fieldDict = field.getCOSObject();*
*        COSArray fieldAreaArray = (COSArray) fieldDict*
*                .getDictionaryObject(COSName.RECT);*
*        PDRectangle result = new PDRectangle(fieldAreaArray);*

Then I did the sorting myself using the coordinates of the PDRectangles.

This does not deal with things like fields having more than one appearance
and I am probably doing something just wrong but it works well enough.

In retrospect it WAS NOT WORTH THE EFFORT. But your milage may vary.