pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@gmail.com>
Subject Copyright/Registered symbols in appearance stream
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 15:08:35 GMT
I'm having trouble emitting a copyright (C) or registered trademark
(R) sign in an appearance stream using the built-in Helvetica font.

Here's what I'm trying:

/Tx BMC
BT
/Helv 10 Tf
1 2.42 Td
12 TL
(\256\251This is a test) Tj
ET
EMC

with /Helv defined as:

/Helv << /Type /Font /Subtype /Type1 /BaseFont /Helvetica >>

What I get when I view the PDF appears to be the "fi" ligature (octal
223?) followed by some sort of straight single quote (not sure what
that one is) and then the regular text.  I'm going blind reading
appendix D where it says that the symbols I want are octal 251 and 256
in Latin1 and PDFDocEncoding, and I thought that would translate
directly to the built-in fonts.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
      Aaron