pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: PDAcroForm.getFieldIterator() Question
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 19:36:00 GMT

> On 12 Sep 2016, at 10:17, Barry Neu <barry.neu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’m trying to achieve the following.
> Client has forms approved by U.S. states where font must be Helvetica 9pt.

Feel free to share a link to one of these forms and we can take a look.

-- John

> Some content to be populated on the forms does not fit in the field. In this case there
is a “footnote” such as "Addendum 1" populated in the field, and the actual content for
the field is populated on an addendum page merged as a separate page to the base form. The
addendum page references the numbered addendum(s) populated in the base form’s fields.
> Ideally, Addendum 1, Addendum 2, and so on would be numbered left to right, top to bottom
in the fields of the form.
> Sounds like that is not possible without setting up some type of external ordering of
the fields on the form.

>> On Sep 12, 2016, at 9:47 AM, Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Barry,
>>

>>> Am 12.09.2016 um 17:16 schrieb Barry Neu <barry.neu@gmail.com <mailto:barry.neu@gmail.com>>:
>>>
>>> Is there any way to influence the order the fields occur in the field tree when
creating fillable forms or otherwise?

>> is there a specific order you are looking for? What are you trying to achieve? The
order of the fields in the AcroForms fields array and the order how they are tabbed on screen
when a user filled the form are not related!

>> BR
>> Maruan

all fields in the field tree, in order”.

in the field tree. This has no relation to where fields appear on the page.