pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: widget.getPage() // return null
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 15:14:41 GMT
Hi,

in order to give you a better support it would be good to get a sample PDF for discussion.

> Am 28.09.2016 um 16:14 schrieb abogdanov@accusoft.com:
>
>> Because it hasn't been set.
> How can it be set? How is it possible that Acroforms doesn't have a page associated with
it? Acroform should always be within some page, right?

an AcroForm is never inside a page but the widget annotations associated with the form fields
are associated to a page. A page containing annotations has a /Annots entry specifiying an
array of annotations. An annotation MAY have a  /P entry entry specifying an indirect reference
to the page it's associated with. Now getPage() return the value of that /P entry and null
if that entry is not existent. That does not mean that the widget is not associated with a
particular page as it is still contained in the pages /Annots entry.

BR
Maruan