pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Clark, Raymond C" <Raymond.C.Cl...@ehi.com>
Subject RE: Question on lines in PDFs
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 20:48:35 GMT
Thank you, that worked very well.  I appreciate your help.  :)

Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:19 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question on lines in PDFs

Am 31.08.2016 um 17:50 schrieb Clark, Raymond C:
> Thank you Tilman, that worked pretty good.
>
> I was trying to get the actual color name and I couldn't find it.  By calling:
> 	        		+ "\tstroking color=" + getGraphicsState().getStrokingColor().toRGB()
> 	        		+ "\tnon stroking color=" +
> getGraphicsState().getNonStrokingColor().toRGB()
>
> I am getting:
> stroking color=8421504	non stroking color=12632256

You won't get a color name, obviously, when there are 16777215
(0xFFFFFF) possible colors.

12632256 is a grey level. 8421504 too, but darker.

What you can do is this:

Color col = new Color(rgb);

and then call

col.getRed()
col.getGreen()
col.getBlue()

to get the invidual colors.

> I didn't see any other method to get a color name.  Is there a way to translate this
into something more user readable/understandable?

> One more question, what is lineCap?

That is explained in the PDF 32000 specification https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf

on page 125. Same for join style and miter limit.

Tilman

> Thank you,
> Ray

PDFBox?
>> Here's some code for that:
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/a/38933039/535646
>>
>> Tilman

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may contain
confidential and privileged information protected by law. If you received this e-mail in error,
any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the e-mail is strictly prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system.