pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Question about PDFBox parasing
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 05:18:11 GMT
Am 27.09.2016 um 01:44 schrieb Ali Husain:
> Hello!
>
> I'm new to PDFBox and I'm trying to extract inline images from a PDF
> document.
>
> I'm having trouble with an image that has many parts - here's the
> breakdown. (Image is also attached)
>
> Inline image 1
>
> The XObject with 13 elements is actually one image. They are all
> different components of the picture. I'm not able to maintain the
> order, instead I get each image individually.
>
> Has anyone had a similar problem? Is there a known solution?

I remember that there was a guy years ago with a similar problem in the
JIRA issue tracker but I can't find it. There is no solution, i.e. the
images don't have some easy properties how to put them together.
You can only render the PDF page as a whole and then cut out the image
if you know where it is.

Most likely this is done on purpose to prevent you from doing what you
want to do, or to make it expensive.

Tilman