pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Empty array when getting acroforms
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2016 10:37:11 GMT
Hi Andrew,

> Am 21.09.2016 um 11:14 schrieb Andrew Bogdanov <abogdanov@accusoft.com>:
>
> Hi, Maruan. I'm attaching an original document (which is processed correctly) and merged
one.

as attachments are not allowed on that mailing list they didn't make it through. Could you
upload them to a public location?

BR
Maruan

> On 2016-09-19 17:03 (+0300), Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Am 19.09.2016 um 15:52 schrieb abogdanov@accusoft.com:
> > >
> > > But why then Acrobat DC renders those fields correctly in the same document?
> > > By going back to merging, is there a way to tell that document was merged from
other documents or not? Does PDFBox treat them differently?

> > would it be possible to upload pdf before and after merging to take a look?
> >
> > Acrobat treates annotations which also have a Widget entry in their dictionary as
form fields although there is no AcroForm entry. If that is really the case here that would
be a potential improvement to PDFBox to behave the same. It's long ago that I've seen such
a document still being used tough.