pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "i_y_pandya@yahoo.co.in"<i_y_pan...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Need help with setCanExtractContent method
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 06:02:21 GMT
Hi Tilman,

Thank you for your email. My apologies for not mentioning the PDFBox version. Please find
below information to the version,

PDFBox Version Info : 2.0.0
Link to the code :
http://pastie.org/private/1j18lbkhpac3wiolmgoqka

Used for: C# via IKVM,

Also, the the Permissions.Copy is true when we want it to be true. However, even if it returns
true, the copy permissions do not reflect for the user of the PDF.

awaiting your prompt response.

Regards,
Ishan P.

On 2016-08-17 22:38 (+0530), Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
> Am 17.08.2016 um 14:07 schrieb Ishan Pandya:
> > Hi All Devs,
> > We are using PDFBox for evaluation purpose and are testing encryption / decryption
functionality of yours. We have observed a scenario when encrypting a document that even when
setting the setCanExtractContent() to true, the copy command does not show up in acrobat readers.
But when I open the PDF using owner password, the copy command shows up properly.
> > The scenario means, if I allow the user who has user password to allow setCanExtractContent
to true, he should be able to copy the content via PDF Reader applications like Abrobat Reader.
Please find below sample code of the scenario: