pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Upgraded using PDFBox V. 2.0.0 to 2.02 and old versions of PDF Readers no longer work
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 16:20:19 GMT
Am 19.08.2016 um 17:35 schrieb Stahle, Patrick:
> Hi Tilman,
>
> What is strange is, in our case, we weren't seeing these problems with 2.0.  Just since
we upgraded to 2.0.2 from 2.0.0 while that PDFBOX-3026 indicates the problems across all 2.x.
Not sure if there is anything to be gained looking into that, in running down what is causing
these issues....

Sorry I misunderstood, I thought it was all 2.* versions.

So one could find the cause of the problem by building many versions
until we find out which commit causes the effect. You would need a
customer who is willing to test several files (probably about 50) and
tell whether it works or not. I could help (I love searching weird
problems) but I don't have the software to build the PDFs, this its up
to you.

Tilman

> Thanks,
> Patrick

2.0.2 with customers calling about unable to open the PDF's using older versions of Adobe
Professional like version 7 and 8. I know this is like 10 year old software, but was wondering
what is causing this and if there is any way to support older versions for compatibility?
> We had an issue about that, and I really searched and tried a lot, but wasn't able to
find out the cause of the problem.