pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Question on lines in PDFs
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 16:18:37 GMT
Am 31.08.2016 um 17:50 schrieb Clark, Raymond C:
> Thank you Tilman, that worked pretty good.
>
> I was trying to get the actual color name and I couldn't find it.  By calling:
> 	        		+ "\tstroking color=" + getGraphicsState().getStrokingColor().toRGB()
> 	        		+ "\tnon stroking color=" + getGraphicsState().getNonStrokingColor().toRGB()
>
> I am getting:
> stroking color=8421504	non stroking color=12632256

You won't get a color name, obviously, when there are 16777215
(0xFFFFFF) possible colors.

12632256 is a grey level. 8421504 too, but darker.

What you can do is this:

Color col = new Color(rgb);

and then call

col.getRed()
col.getGreen()
col.getBlue()

to get the invidual colors.

> I didn't see any other method to get a color name.  Is there a way to translate this
into something more user readable/understandable?

> One more question, what is lineCap?

That is explained in the PDF 32000 specification
https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf

on page 125. Same for join style and miter limit.

Tilman

> Thank you,
> Ray

height of the lines in my PDF.  I didn't see a way to get the line color, the line pattern,
or the fill color if it is a rectangle from this code.  Did I miss it someplace?  (We only
have lines and rectangles in our PDFs)
> You can get these with
>
> getGraphicsState().getStrokingColor()
> getGraphicsState().getNonStrokingColor()
> getGraphicsState().getLineDashPattern()
> getGraphicsState().getLineCap()
> etc
>
> Tilman
>

>> Thank You,
>> Ray

PDFBox?
>> Here's some code for that:
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/a/38933039/535646
>>
>> Tilman

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may contain
confidential and privileged information protected by law. If you received this e-mail in error,
any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the e-mail is strictly prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system.